Emotional Freedom Techniques® for Weight Loss
Losing weight with EFT
Food cravings and an inability to lose weight is often caused by unresolved, or suppressed emotional issues, whether it is related to stress, anxiety, guilt, anger, shame, or even depression. This is one of the reasons why people constantly force themselves to follow a diet or exercise program for a while, and end up relapsing into the own old behaviours, and cannot remain loyal to their resolution. For many people this is a never ending cycle that frustrates, takes the self-confidence, and in time, self-esteem and depending on the number of unsuccessful trials, even the self-respect.
The only natural way to move towards, and remain in your ideal weight, is to release the unresolved unconscious issues that lead you to overeat or hold on to your excess weight.
Many people don’t lose weight because:
- The extra weight keeps them safe and protects them from harm and/or unwelcome advances.
- They are identified as an overweight person and simply cannot envisage themselves differently.
- They are concerned about people’s reactions.
- They use food as a substitute for love or comfort or to suppress unwelcome feelings like boredom, anger, sadness, blame (self or others), guilt or shame.
- They’ve lost the belief that it is possible for them to lose weight.
- They don’t believe that they deserve to be at their ideal body weight.
- They have lost weight in the past so many times and gained it back again that they’re not prepared to try again.
Healing the root of the problem
EFT Can Reduce or Eliminate Your Immediate Cravings: Using EFT for 1 or 2 minutes can arrest your cravings when you’re confronted with foods you normally can’t resist. You then no longer feel compelled to eat them. In research studies, EFT has been found to reduce cravings quickly and reliably. In one study (published in the peer-reviewed journal Integrative Medicine), EFT reduced cravings by 83%.
A randomized controlled trial, published in early 2012 in Energy Psychology journal, found that participants using EFT lost more weight than those who received talking therapy. Even more remarkable, in the 12 months following the weight loss program, they didn’t just maintain their weight loss. They actually kept on losing weight steadily and effortlessly over the course of the following year.
EFT Can Reduce or Eliminate Emotional Overeating: If you have been using food to tranquillise years of past emotional hurts, EFT may be your best friend. EFT can bring you more emotional peace which, in turn, can lead to more sensible eating habits. This emotional contributor to overeating, which EFT is designed to address, is the missing piece in most weight loss programs. Our best-selling book EFT for Weight Loss contains proven success principles for using EFT to address these emotional issues.
EFT has been evaluated in several scientific studies of food cravings and weight loss, and has been found to help people with emotional overeating and cravings. You can see these on these research pages.