Benefits of Meditation
List of benefits
Physical Benefits Include:
- It lowers oxygen consumption.
- It decreases respiratory rate.
- It increases blood flow and slows the heart rate. Helps reduce heart disease.
- Helps with weight loss
- Increases exercise tolerance in heart patients.
- Good for people with high blood pressure as it brings the B.P. to normal.
- Decreases muscle tension and headaches.
- Improves depression, and insomnia. It increases serotonin production, which influences positively mood and behaviour.
- Helps in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis etc.
- Reduces Pre-menstrual Syndrome.
- Helps in post-operative healing.
- Enhances the immune system. Research has revealed that meditation increases activity of ‘natural-killer cells’, which kill bacteria and cancer cells.
- Also reduces activity of viruses and emotional distress.
- Enhances energy, strength and vigour.
- Helps to develop the ability to have more resistant skin.
- Lowers level of cholesterol.
- Improves air flow to the lungs to aid easy breathing.
- Delays biological ageing.
- Increases the levels of DHEAS in older people.
- Increases brain wave coherence.
- Increases feeling of youthfulness and rejuvenation, as well as vitality, leads to positive outlook in life and joyfulness, and increases a person’s emotional status and stability.
- It helps people to free themselves from vices and addictions, as well as from medications such as tranquillizers and narcotics.
- Reduces muscular tension.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Decreases high blood pressure.
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Reduces strain related pain, such as headaches.
- Enables deeper and restful sleep.
- Improves flow of air to the lungs, resulting in easier breathing.
Mental Benefits of Meditation
Meditation can assist in many areas that are related to your state of mind, such as:
- Improves concentration.
- Helps to resolve Phobias.
- Reduces anxiety attacks as it lowers the levels of blood lactate.
- A clear mind makes you more productive, especially in creative disciplines like painting, or writing.
- Less bothered by little things – It is the nature of the mind to magnify small things into serious problems. Meditation helps us detach.
- Improves memory.
- Increases learning ability.
- Increases ability for self-actualization.
- Increases your intelligence.
- Improves your memory.
- Enhances your creativity.
- Drastically improves your ability to think clearly.
- Improves problem-solving abilities.
Emotional Benefits of Meditation
- Decreases & eliminates depression.
- Decreases anxiety.
- Reduces irritability and moodiness.
- Reduces anxiety attacks. Meditation lowers the levels of blood lactate
- Improves self-awareness, self-confidence, will power.
- Enjoying a more positive outlook.
- More smiles.