FAQ’s about Reiki
Questions about Reiki
- What does a Reiki session involve?
Reiki sessions usually involves the client lying down as the practitioner slowly and gently, places his or her hands on the energy centres of the body. Through Reiki attunements by a qualified Master the practitioner is enabled to channel “ki” life force energy, which replenishes and rebalance areas in the body of the client, that are depleted.Reiki is also called “Smart Energy” due to the fact that it replenishes with different energy intensity exactly the needed quantity of energy in the different areas of the body. This universal energy is administered regardless of the practitioner’s competency or belief system.
During treatments the practitioner’s own energy blockages are also cleared whilst administering Reiki so that the benefits are mutual.
- How does Reiki energy flow?
Reiki flows through the hand palms of the practitioner by intent at different rates of speed, depending on various factors such as the extent of the client’s illness, level of blockage, etc.
- Who can benefit from a Reiki treatment?
Reiki’s universal energy therapy can be offered and benefit anyone regardless of the person’s religion, gender, race, intelligence, or financial status.
- How does Reiki feel like?
- Reiki may be experienced as a flow of energy, heat, coolness, “pins and needles” mild tingling, vibrational buzzing, electrical sparks, coughing, increased breathing, numbness, throbbing, itchiness, or drowsiness, other sensations, or nothing at all depending on the client.Reiki is deeply relaxing and has a profoundly calming effect. After the therapy it is a good idea to rest for a while and drink plenty of water over the next few days. Be responsive to all your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs. The beneficial effects may be experienced for several days.
- How often do you need to have a treatment?
A single Reiki session makes a difference; however, depending on the illness, a course of regular treatments may be more effective. These may be weekly, fortnightly or less often depending on the needs of the client, and a treatment plan will be discussed with the client, and reviewed as necessary.
- Will I be given a diagnosis?
Reiki practitioners are not trained or allowed to make or give any diagnosis. Reiki is a complementary medicine and does not replace conventional medicine. Always consult a GP for an acute or infectious condition, and problems of urgent concern, or to do the regular health checks.
- What is a Reiki attunement?
- A Reiki attunement is a ritual performed by a Reiki Master to open the energy channels of the student. The ritual involves energetic placement of Reiki symbols through a specific set of sequenced actions into the student’s crown, chest and palms. While everyone has some healing ability those who receive a Reiki attunement have significantly stronger healing energies coming from their hands and are able to help others in a more effective way with their Reiki treatments. The attunement is a life gift for the practitioner. The student is given Empowerments, a sort of short ‘turbo boost’ to empower and speed up the student’s personal path in Reiki. It increases the sensitivity to the natural flow of energy, strengthens the natural flow, and it also makes the student more intuitive, sensitive and receptive. Above are two Kilian images as example of the tips of fingers from a student before and after an attunement.
- About the Reiki Attunement Process – The attunement process is what makes Reiki stand apart from other types of healing systems. Reiki attunements are given within the auric field of the student and open and expand the Ki-holding capacity or the Hara Line and clear energy blockages. They open a channel for the Reiki energy to flow from practitioner to client. The more a practitioner uses Reiki the clearer and stronger the flow becomes. Reiki is the only hands-on natural healing technique that offers the wonderful benefit of the attunement process that enables the practitioner to channel universal energy as opposed to using the own energy like other techniques.
- Definition of Hara – The hara is a core power-source that resides in the auric field of the human body. It is housed inside the tan tien, existing on the level of intentionality. The hara line continues downwards from the tan tien deep into the earth’s core, connecting the individual to his soul’s purpose for incarnating into the human form.
- Definition of Tan Tien –Tan tien has a Chinese origin and is a power centre located below the naval. The tan tien is used in martial arts for mental focus and to draw personal power from.
- Will Reiki ever run out?
The universal energy Reiki is in infinite supply from the moment of the attunements permanently for life and can be channelled easily by intent.
- What is the purpose of the Reiki hand placements?
It is a full healing program where the practitioner places his hands on all major chakras in order to non-intrusively, holistically heal the whole body, mind and spirit. The time for each chakra is determined by the client’s own needs and the practitioner only channels the nergy to come in and senses when the flow stops to go to the next point.
- What purpose do Reiki symbols serve?
Independently, each Reiki symbol has its own unique purposes. The combined function of these symbols is to provide Reiki practitioners with focal points for their healing intentions. One of them is to provide distant healing. Symbols are used in Reiki to connect with different, powerful kinds of Reiki energy.
- Is Reiki a form of faith healing?
No, Reiki is not a religion, and is not based on any religious doctrine or belief. See link below. However, Reiki’s principles are spiritual in nature and do encourage spiritual empowerment and growth.
- What are the Reiki Guides about?
It seems that the idea of Reiki guides is not actually part of the original Reiki teaching, and was added later by Western practitioners. Therefore, one doesn’t have to make contact to a guide to use Reiki as Reiki energy comes automatically by intent of the practitioner. However, Jesus, Mary and other Biblical figures received help, or messages from spiritual beings in the form of angels that can help heal and also provide guidance. Interestingly, the entire book of Revelations was given to John by an angel – indicating that that angels can act as spiritual guides.